Followers

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Vintage Toys

 
Greetings! I am late posting my design team sample for the new challenge over at Inkspirational.  An unexpected 8-day stay in the hospital for my husband has really upset the apple cart!
 
 
As you can see from the photo above,  we are working from the photo to be inspired to create our projects.  I hope that you will pop over to see all the fabulous creations from our design team, and guest designer, and then consider joining in the fun with a project of your own.
 
For my own card, I had to dig back very deep into my early stamp acquisitions to a set called "Vintage Toys" by Invoke Arts Stamps. The last time I created with this set, it came out quite different. I decided to make polka dots by dipping the bottom of a tool into crackle paint.  I guess because it was such small quantities the crackle really doesn't show. The images were stamped on scrap water color paper, trimmed and water colored with Tombow markers. Some washi tape was used to ground the toys. A bit of stenciling with Distress Ink, and a touch of Ranger Enamel.
 
Thanks so much for dropping by.
 
Best, Yvonne
 

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely card Yvonne, I love those vintage toy images. I hope Jack is on the road to recovery xxx

Marina said...

Like a fun scene from a vintage children's book - I love those patterned strips.

sandie said...

I love the mix of the vintage and the vibrant cheerful colours. Fab collage card. I am so sorry to here about your husband and send my love and prayers x

Nonni said...

Very cute critters and I love the colorful look of this card. Belated birthday wishes Yvonne... And all the best for you and your husband.

cm said...

Your vintage toys card is so sweet, Yvonne...I think some of those toys were part of my childhood! Sending hugs, prayers and love your way...my thoughts are with you and Jack...
love~c