Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Crazy Birds

 
Greetings! It is time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  The theme is "things with wings!" I made this card for my sister-in-law, and unfortunately did not realize that there was a shadow on the photo until I was posting the picture and the card is already in the mail!  I hope you will pop over to FSC and see the inspiring pieces that the design team have put together for you and then consider sharing a piece of your own with us.  Just remember that we are a stamping challenge! As always, Flonzcraft is our generous sponsor and one lucky participant will win a gift voucher for $20! For my own card, I began by spritzing Dylusions Ink Sprays onto Hot Press water color paper.  I added bits of washi tape next. Then I flicked some Titanium Golden Acrylic Paint onto the panel and added Black Dr. PH Martins India Ink.  I decided to blow on the drops and really liked the wonky effect I got.  The birds by Tim Holtz were stamped on scrap water color paper as well. They were then colored with TowBow Markers, trimmed and adhered onto the prepared panel.  The sentiment by Unity Stamps was stamped onto scrap as well, trimmed, dotted with black ink and added to the prepared card front.  Bakers twine completes my card.  Thank you so much for dropping by!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Love these birds and they look fab here. I'm sure she loved the card.
Love
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

great colors - i love this birds so much!!!!!

Shirley said...

How tweet are all those birds and SIL will love it to bits.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Mrs.B said...

Just love to see those crazy birds, brilliant card.
Avril xx

Unknown said...

Ahhhh - this is adorable. I bet your sisterinlaw smiled big when she saw this card! Picture looked just fine too! j.

Ink Art Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ink Art Designs said...

I love the brightness and funness of this one...I bet your SIL loooves it! I didn't know there was a shadow until you said it - I just thought it was part of the brilliant background. This is a totally gorgeous card Yvonne...I sooo want these stamps.
Dot x

Esther said...

Those birds are soo cute and your gorgeous bright background is perfect for them...Esther xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So sorry that I haven't been around for weeks. You've been very creative during this time and created wonderful works :)
I love these Crazy Birds, too. Your card is FANTASTIC.