Followers

Monday, August 25, 2014

A Very Special Birthday


Greetings!  It is time, once again, for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!  Our theme this time is to create a card or project for a "Special Birthday."  My son and I both have a birthday during the month of September, so I decided to make a card for him.  I had originally thought I would ink up this gorgeous Paper Artsy stamp for Mother's Day, given the sentiment along the side, but it works for this occasion, as well.  I began by creating my background using various Distress Paints and Distress Inks.  The colors were a bit deeper than I wanted, so I brushed a very light layer of Gesso over the top and it muted it beautifully.  Next using Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks, I stenciled feathers around the edges using a stencil from The Crafters Workshop.  The focal image was stamped with Watering Can Archival Ink.  The sentiment by Artistic Outpost was also stamped with the same ink.  Some black and white twine and vintage buttons complete my card.  I hope you will pop on over to FSC to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you and then we hope you will share one of your own creations with us, as well. Please remember we are a stamping challenge, so no digis.  As always, our sponsor FlonzCraft has a $20 gift voucher for one lucky participant.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

7 comments:

Annie said...

A wonderful make Yvonne.....love the design colour and layout. TFS and best wishes for a wonderful birthday when it comes
Hugs Annie x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a great card Yvonne...great art!
greetings, Alie

Kay Wallace said...

Your son will be so pleased, Yvonne! Great masculine undertones, perfect colors and super stamping! A keepsake!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic masculine card, your son will love it.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Yvonne. Hope you are well & that your husband is doing ok xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card, great background.

Terry said...

Wonderful birthday card for you son, Yvonne. The background has so many love layers of colors, so perfect for that image! My Mom and me shared the same birthday month!