Followers

Friday, July 4, 2014

On the Fourth of July, Part One


Greetings to all my followers and Happy 4th of July to all of you in the USA.  My husband asked me to create a card to celebrate the holiday. Gecko Galz released two gorgeous collage sheets in June called Little Miss Firecracker (1&2).  This image reached out to my heart immediately.  The background is done with the Tim Holtz stencil using Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.  The rest of the card front was sopped up with Faded Jeans and Barn Red Distress Ink.  The edges were blended with the same inks, as well. The sentiments are from Artistic Outpost.  The metal disc by Idea-ology says "Inspire," however, the sunlight obliterated it. Speaking of inspired, Tracy Evans has a beautiful tag over at Artistic Outpost that I saw before creating my card.  I feel her influence in my card.   I found this faded red bow in my stash and am using up some of the last of my star ribbon tape.  Wherever you are, have a wonderful day.  I'll be sharing another Fourth of July card in my next post.  Hugs, Yvonne

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

It's nice to see you back, Yvonne. This card is beautiful!