Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Winter Wonderland


Greetings! It is Wednesday, and that means another Word Wednesday Challenge over at 365 Cards!  This week, our word is "Cool."  I immediately turned my thoughts to winter and this gorgeous set by Artistic Outpost.  In addition to creating a winter scene, I also wanted to keep a rather cool color palette.  My new Distress Glitters arrived while I was at the beach so I decided there was no time like the present to jump in and give them a try.  I must admit that I think I need to go back and review the videos again on using this new product as my glitter has yet to dry, but I love the vintage glittery look.  I simply applied Embossing Ink to the card front and added Distress Glitter.  In retrospect, I think I need to stamp onto cardstock, trim, add Gel Medium, and then add the Glitter. The children were stamped on the card stock, trimmed and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and adhered to the card front. A simple seam binding bow and an Idea-ology clip with a scrap of ribbon and cheese cloth complete my card.  I will also be submitting this card to the August Referral Program over at Artistic Outpost. Thanks for dropping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

8 comments:

Deborah said...

It's lovely, Yvonne. I like the clipped on cheescloth - a quirky touch.

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a lovely card!

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is so pretty.
Wishes
Lynne

Kay Wallace said...

Love this old-fashioned winter wonderland, Yvonne! I love the effect of the glitter, and hope is has now dried!! Also love that touch of ribbon and cheesecloth held in place by that clip! Just lovely!

Pia S said...

What a lovely vintage winter design! I like the scene you've created with trees and those sweet children!

Terry said...

Such the pretty Christmas card! Love the added blue snowflakes and ribbon! Great use of those fabby AO stamps!

Michelle said...

I LOVE this. So sweet. And fabulous colors. Winter-y yet warm. I love it! I need to add that AO image to my wishlist. ;)

I must not be seeing your projects on my blog feed. I have missed SO many beautiful projects! I'm glad to popped over here to see what you've been up to.

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful use of the AO stamps - I love those trees! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost, as always!
Alison xx