Followers

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fun In the Sun!

Greetings! It's time once again for a new challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu.  The Pink Team is up this week and our theme is "Anything Goes!

I decided to work with a number of stencils and clip art images from Red Lead.  I am really loving working with stencils.  Ever wonder how they resurfaced again after all these years?  (I am truly beginning to wonder if they will take a chunk out of rubber stamps in the market place.)

The sentiments were inked with Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.  I love the retro look of the clip art.  I came across the little fish brads at my local craft store this week and thought they were just perfect to embellish my card.  A bit of seam binding, a snippet of cheese cloth, a clam shell metal charm and some burlap string complete my card.  

I hope you have a few minutes to see what the rest of the Pink Team have dreamed up to inspire you to submit a project of your own.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

12 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne...I love the retro look too. I look at this card and just see sooo much fun and heaps of good times. A great card that really stirs the emotions. Love it!
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful sea themed card Yvonne with a fabulous focal image.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

This is stunning, love the colours and those little fish are so cute x

Words and Pictures said...

So bright and fresh and lovely - love the fish and the seaweed!
Alison x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I too love the retro feel of this card. Great imagination hun. So pleased you are an eclectic girlie xx

Kelly D said...

Love this layout, and the retro feeling to it
hugs
kelly ee teamie
xxx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach was had by all!! Loving the retro feel to this :)

Pia S said...

The font used for your sentiment does work well with the retro image. I think those cute little fish brads were a great buy - they are such cute elements on this card - and I like how you've used different textures. So beautiful!

Claire Dale said...

Love your layout Yvonne, makes me wish I lived near the sea!!
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful summer feeling.

Sandra Wright. said...

I so love this, the image is just fabulous,your colour palette is perfect...such a great make,I love it.

Hugs
Sandie x

Patricia said...

Great work with the stencils. Haven't used mine in a while. Just might have to get them out again soon. Thanks for the inspiration.