Followers

Monday, May 20, 2013

King of the Seas


Greetings!  My post is for the current challenge over at Craft Barn's Alpha Challenge.  This week, the letter is "K."  I was so surprised when I went through the "K" section of the dictionary to see how few pages there were!  I never realized that before.  A number of the words I might have chosen I knew had already been used, and perhaps the one I chose is as well, but not that I am aware of.  I chose the word "king crab!"  I love king crab!  I can still remember the first time my dad brought  home king crab legs!  Yum!!!  The images are by Paper Artsy, were stamped with Black StazOn Ink, my go to ink, and water colored with Distress Markers.  Continue to love this challenge!  Thanks for dropping by.  Yvonne

14 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your choice of words and how you have interpreted it on paper.
hugs {brenda} x0x

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - This is a great spread, I love everything about it, especially the torn edges. The ribbon s very pretty :0))

Laura said...

Just hopping round some K pages.
This is fun!
:)

Annie said...

What a wonderful King! And love the great ship in the background. It's just an overall well crafted page!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is awesome. I love the fabulous crab with the crown. The ship is a wonderful addition to the page. Love the large k and the beautiful ribbon. Lovely collage.

carolfromkiwiland said...

Lovely page and I love the whimsy of the crown to denote king.Loved your story of first time having king crab - this challenge seems to be taking a lot of us down memory lane.

Sandy said...

I love King Crab too - but on MY plate!! Wonderfull done - love your boat!
sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, he's wonderful! I love the boat looming out of the text too... Sorry to have got so behind on visiting - it's been a crazy week!
Alison xx

Sylvia said...

Love the king crab with his crown and the fishing boat, the torn edges and the ribbon make a lovely frame.

Sylv xx

Maisie Moonshine said...

Great pages, love the images you've used. MMx

Unknown said...

Hi Yvonne, love your king crab pages! And great word choice. I've been looking at the rest of your blog and love your work so I became your follower. I would love it if you would visit my brandnew blog, you're so welcome. Hugs Frea
http://messymixedmediabyfrea.blogspot.nl

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful page, fab details.

Cocofolies said...

Fab page, love your king crab, the boat on the right side and your large ribbon !! Coco x

Anonymous said...

Love this, well done
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy