Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another Place and Time

Greetings!  I hope wherever you are, you are warm and crafting!  My first post today is for the CAS Challenge over at Make My Monday.  This week, we are to create a card based on the sketch below.  
I am the first to admit that I am uncomfortable with CAS!  How can something seemingly so simple be so difficult?  Not one to give up without trying, my take on the challenge is above.  The handsome gentlemen are from a Miniature Book by Crafty Individuals.  The cog is a Tim Holtz Die Cut purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique and final embellishments include Viva Liquid Pearls and Idea-ology ChitChat Stickers.  I resisted the urge to add burlap string, button and more to my card, but it was not easy!  Thank you so much for dropping by.  It means so very much to me.  Best wishes, Yvonne

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Yvonne - a lovely card and beautifully CAS - thanks for joining us this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Meggymay said...

Great card, have been catching up with all your fabulous recent posts.
Yvonne x

Fliss said...

A fabulous vintage style card Yvonne and so glad you decided to enter despite being uncomfortable with CAS (me too!)
Hugs, Fliss xx

Cazro said...

Hi Yvonne, a terrific vintage take on our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at make My Monday. Caz

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A very vintage CAS!!! Love these gents...fab work Yvonne! Hope all is well with you are your guy!

Mynn xx said...

I'm glad you didn't give up because I adore this vintage CAS card! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at MMM, friend! :)

Suzi B said...

Love this vintage Cas card Yvonne it works so well...so glad you joined us at MMM
Suzi B x