Followers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

In the Bag!

My husband and I travel a lot. Both with his work, and when we are not traveling for his work, we like to decompress at our condo near the ocean.  Probably like many of you, the thought of stepping away from card making for so long is not desirable!  And so, whenever it is feasible, I take my crafting along with me.  Obviously, I cannot bring everything with me, and so when responding to challenges, on the fly, I often note that I am working out of my travel bags.  One of my dear friends, Lynne, has encouraged me to share what I carry.  So hear is a look see.  I normally give myself no more than 5-10 minutes to grab items from my art studio.  I find when I need to improvise, my creativity is improved.  

In bag one, my entire collection of Distress Inks, a Black StazOn Ink pad, double sided tape refill, a paper cutter, glue dots, several stacks of adhesive card mats, ChitChat stickers, a box of pearls, charms and odd small embellishments, a bag of lace, a bag of odds and ends of ribbon, buttons, several sets of Stampsmith Rubber Stamps, and a stack of card stock and card blanks.
In bag two, several pads of designer paper, adhesive card stock mats, a box of chipboard pieces, several packs of card blanks and envelopes, a basket full of Crafty Individuals stamps and some of their pads of paper, a bag full of small spools of ribbon, and my collection of vintage seam binding.  

That's it! I keep my double sided tape dispenser here at the condo and a pack of baby wipes.  The bags vary on occasion, but this is pretty much what I carry.  

Hopefully, back a bit later with some creations made from my bag.  Happy Crafting! Best, Yvonne

4 comments:

Inky Angel said...

Hi Yvonne,
Thanks for sharing your travel craft bag with us. I love it. I have been packing a few craft items with me when we travel but my family thinks I am nuts. They are getting used to my obsession now so next time I will start my own travel craft bag too.
Hugs,
Katie

Brenda Brown said...

Glad to see all your bits and pieces, and all those Crafty Individuals stamps too. I too several large pencil cases full of bits to California, but just didn't have time to use it lol.
Enjoy your time away.
hugs {brenda} xox

Claire said...

It looks like you're well organised Yvonne, what a lovely collection of crafty goodies for your travels
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Please may I have an invite to come and play lol.
Tell me, is my seam binding radar working correctly, do I spy rolls of seam binding, if so then I need a moment to take a "swoon".
Wishes
Lynne