Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Butterflies or Bugs

It is time for Challenge #13 over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! This time around, our theme is Butterflies or Bugs. I'm not sure about you, but for me, it has me thinking of Spring! Butterflies were a favorite of my mother's. Throughout her home, you would find butterflies pinned onto flower arrangements, curtains, and at Christmas, they were ornaments on her Christmas Tree! So when I set out to make my card, it was a comforting feeling to be making a card with Butterflies in honor of my precious mother who we lost 12 years ago, today.

I chose to use a set of Butterfly stamps and words from a set by Cavellini. I stamped the butterflies in a row, as a collector might do, and water colored them with Distress Inks. The white background seemed stark to me, so I soften it with more Distress Inks and some word stamps from the set. Embellishments include a flower trim, a doily, a vintage button and Baker's Twine, a dimensional glittery butterfly by Martha Stewart and some Ranger Stickles.

Please check out the FSC site for stunning inspirational pieces by the Design Team and then we hope you will give the challenge a go, too! As always, no digi stamps, please. You can find full details at FSC, along with the prize you will be working towards. Thanks for dropping by and Think Spring! Best, Yvonne

14 comments:

Terry said...

Very pretty collection of butterflies and I love the touches of sparkle! Such a beautiful way to honor your mother! My Mom also loved butterflies! Have a great weekend!

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne I love your card. Beautiful composition and design and love the addition of the shimmery butterfly. My Mum also loves butterflies and as it is her birthday soon I know what I will be making her. Have a great day. XX

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous piece Yvonne, beautiful fresh colours and an unusual layout. Love the story about your Mum, I have a similar one as my Mum also loved butterflies, hence my fascination with them. Here's to our Mums Yvonne with our challenge pieces today.
Happy Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, love the butterflies and doily. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Yvonne
The story behind the card is as beautiful as the card itself.
What a beautiful way to honour your Mother - she would be bursting with pride.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, Yvonne and a great tribute to you mum.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous card, love all the delicate layers, all beautifully wrapped together! Hugs, Joanna xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Von...this really has such an old world, vintage feel...very regal and stately I think. And then the hint of sparkle makes you smile...a gorgeous card Von.
Dot x

Claire said...

Beautiful stamping Yvonne, those butterflies are gorgeous and I love the addition of the sparkly butterfly. I'm glad it brought back some happy memories for you
hugs
Claire xx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your DT piece!

xxx Ellie xxxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful design - beautiful butterflies!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous!! I see these butterflies fluttering about all of blog land right now! Well done
hugs Lynn

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! I need to find time to play along. love the shimmery butterflies!

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, I love the way you have displayed the butterflies such a beautiful vintage feel to it. Glad you had happy memories whilst making it.
Avril xx