Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Coffee & Cream with a hint of Dark Chocolate




Greetings! Boy do we have a fabulous new challenge for you over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! For Challenge # 7, the theme is Coffee & Cream with a hint of Dark Chocolate! I hope you will hop over to FSC and check out all of the examples by the other Design Team Members. They are over the moon! You will be so inspired. For my own card, I started by stamping a Cafe scene and and an accompanying tray with coffee, both by Art Declassified in Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I also stamped a street map of Paris by Stampsmith with the same ink. All images were distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then matted with Kraft card stock and black paper. The images were layered over a background designer paper and embellishments include Kraft photo corners, seam binding by Martha Stewart, a paper flower, gold cord and vintage buttons. The finalized panel was placed on a brown card base. I had the privilege decades ago of spending nine days in Paris and the surrounding area. I have fond memories of being offered coffee each morning with either hot or cold milk. I fondly remember the little bistros that lined the Paris streets and hope one day to return. Now we look forward to seeing what you come up with! Please remember we need to be able to see your stamping and no Digis, please. Bon Soire! Yvonne

13 comments:

Terry said...

Love how you framed the three areas giving this so much dimension! Beautiful vintage feel and the lace and flower just add more beauty!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, I love the stamps you've used and as Terry says you've framed them beautifully
claire xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, this card is sooo elegant! Very stylish just like Paris. I love all the layering and depth that is created.
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

A beautifully designed card Yvonne with scrumptious colours and stamps. I could see this made into a poster and adorning the walls of those posh coffee houses.
Happy Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fliss said...

This is gorgeous Yvonne. I so love those images which fit the challenge theme so perfectly. Fab background and embellishments too.
Have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, I love the stamps you've used ! Sue C x

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
Love those stamps. I have had my eye on those stamps for such a long time. You used them so beautifully.
Timeless elegance.
Wishes
Lynne

Mrs.B said...

Love this card Yvonne, fabulous stamps and framed so beautifully.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, love the design, its realy stylish. Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, that's a wonderful card. The image is perfect for this challenge.

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it, all the collages fit well together!

Cazro said...

I adore how you used the three panels, it's beautiful. Caz

Claudia said...

Gorgeous elegance card.