Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sublime Message

Hello! I decided to enter several challenges today. The first was for 365 Cards who is having a challenge today to make a card with a "sublime" message. Think hotdogs flickering in front of you at the movie theater and having to eat one at intermission. I chose a margarita for my sublime message. I purposefully kept all the other images by Inkadinkado on the card subdued in color so that the margarita by Studio G was front and center. I also used pop dots and matted the image on black paper to really make it pop. Any one thirsty? This was a challenge for me in that I did not quite know how to make the beach/ocean backdrop. I chose to tear various papers to create the sand, ocean and sky. I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt. Open to suggestions if you have any though.

I am also submitting my first card to the Simon Says Challenge, which today, in celebration of their 2nd anniversary is "Anything Goes." Congratulations to the folks over at Simon Says. Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear your comments. Take care. Yvonne

3 comments:

Mark Angel said...

Nice Card

Kim Mc said...

Yummy!! That's a great subliminal message! ;) Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards challenge this week! Hope to see you next week too!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne :-) i love the scene you created ,,, Summer is almost here !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x